Monday, August 11, 2008

"your word will be well accepted"

We went to California this weekend where Melanie and a friend from the ward were asked to speak at a youth conference. It was a great weekend filled with a wonderful spirit and I enjoyed the opportunity to meet new people and rub shoulders with some genuinely good people and an impressive, small group of good young men and women. As Melanie spoke I was in awe of her ability to speak and teach the gospel to these youth. She has an amazing ability to have the audience laughing one minute, silent the next, and tearful the next. Each time I watch her speak I reflect upon her home coming talk from her mission and remember how impressed I was. I knew in that moment she was the kind of person I wanted to be around and resolved to make her mine. Of course, I was successful in that endeavor and the rest is history.
I am blessed to have such a wonderful wife who is a fantastic mother to my kids. I am so proud of her for using her talents to motivate so many others to follow Christ. Melanie you still amaze me.
Jeff

1 comment:

shel7by said...

sheesh. don't make our husbands look bad, jeff. I feel the same way about mel. she's beautiful.