Friday, August 22, 2008

Blake



I need to add just one more thing. This week was Blake's birthday and I am so grateful for that sweet boy. He is just good. He is mellow and happy and gets along with everyone. He is obedient and kind and loves his brothers and sisters. He's just an all around good kid. The night before his birthday I asked him if he wanted cupcakes or a cake for his birthday and he thought about it for a minute, smiled and said, "Well mom, go to the store and which one is less - get me that one." Really. My five year old wanted me to go ahead and get the cheapest one - let's save money mom. What five year old thinks like that?? He demands nothing. Appreciates everything. I love Blake. He has been a huge blessing in my life for these past 5 years. Sometimes I catch myself just looking at him and smiling so big. He is my only child with brown eyes like me. There was something about him - even before he was born that I felt very close to. I don't love being pregnant. I never was one of those women who rubbed my belly and smiled and sang songs to myself and read books to my fetusus? feti? Anyway, with Blake it was different. I did find myself sometimes just loving that belly full of baby. I can't explain it. I sound like a jerk. "Get those babies out of me . . STAT!" But really it's the truth. What can I say? I never loved being pregnant. It would be like loving the flu. I just didn't.
Focus back on Blake . . . I just felt that there was something really special about him and there is. He has had some problems with stuttering off and on for the past 2 years and one time when it was particularly bad, he got a priesthood blessing from Jeff. He was told that he would one day be a great orator and that his word would be heard around the world. Wow. The Lord has great things in store for my boy. I am so grateful to have him. I love him.

7 comments:

Britt said...

"Oh, there you are Peter!" What movie? What movie? So, I noticed on your photography blog that you have a REAL blog and now I can follow you around in your head and lament the loss of my nearly BFF! Oh! The heartache! ;) Miss you!

p.s. When you write this way it is like I'm sitting near you feeling awed by the extremely witty (and entertaining) way you express yourself! What a talent! Love it!

Katie Price said...

i wish more than anything that he could live by jax. i think they could do great things together.

i have felt that same "excited to have this one" that i haven't felt with the others, so i hope i'm getting one just like blakey.

Teri said...

oh Little blake! He is such a sweet spirit. I love seeing him on sundays...

Jesika said...

Melanie, Blake is an amazing boy!! I LOVE having him in my primary class. He is so reverent and obedient. And, his smile just lights up the room!!

Wisconsin Watsons said...

Man, I miss you! I agree with the earlier comment...I feel like I'm sitting right there with you when you write...I want Blake to live with me for a while. I miss him...tell him Happy Birthday for me. Terri

Melanie said...

I love hearing others speak about my cute little Blake. I told him this morning that his primary teacher wrote me a note on the computer about what a good boy he is in class and I told him how proud I was of him. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "She probably just didn't have our phone number because I am sure she wanted to call and tell you that."
Ha ha.

Julie said...

We all love Blake over here...especially Delaney. She wants to marry him. Can we arrange something?