Sunday, September 28, 2008


I am so grateful for the leadership of this church and for conference which happens twice a year. Last night we went to the Relief Society broadcast from Salt Lake and it was wonderful. I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk! He said so many things that as women we need to hear. Let me share just a little of what was said. He said (speaking of women) " . . they focus on what is lacking or imperfect rather than on that which has been accomplished and who they really are." I think this is one of Satan's greatest tools. I think he loves to jump in there and tell us that we aren't important and that our contributions don't matter. He is very good at showing us other's strengths and comparing them to our weaknesses. It is easy to think that everyone is better and more talented than us and that we have very little to contribute. But then he said these beautiful words. "Remember, you are spirit daughters of the most creative being in the universe! Isn't it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it, your spirit body is a masterpiece created with the beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination." Wow. Who am I to ever think that I am not of worth! He even said later that we all have talents and mentioned that "flowing laughter" in one's home is a talent! Yea! I came home with a new sense of purpose and just happier to have felt the spirit. I also went to that broadcast with some friends, including my neighbor Norma and then to dinner afterwards. Perfect.
Then I had to opportunity to go chaperon the Laurel/Priest activity until midnight. Well, um, like I was saying, the broadcast and dinner was fantastic. I am so grateful for my membership in this church.

. . . And I really am grateful that we were able to jump in on the regional Laurel Priest activity so last minute. We had 55 kids there from our stake and it looked like they were having a blast.

3 comments:

shel7by said...

I loved loved loved Uchtdorf's talk. I loved how he said that we can create. Please create. I feel such an intense desire to create all the time and never do because that would be taking more time away from my more important endeavors. It's God-like to create. I'm going to start today. and so are you. Make me a monkey right now.

and i'll get going on your birthday present for which I already have all the supplies.

Melanie said...

First thing I thought - go make monkeys!

Wisconsin Watsons said...

It's amazing to me that he came up with something I'd never heard and SO needed to hear at the time. I loved the talk...I"m going to stay with you for a couple of days...so get ready! Love, Teri