Tuesday, November 9, 2010




So last night I didn't get a chance to write what I was thankful for because I was making Cream Brulee French Toast for breakfast.  Sounded so delicious but just ended up being suggary sog.  :(  Anyhow, if I could rewind to last night I would say that I am thankful for Blake.  He is such an amazing little kid.  He loves the gospel so much and has such strong feelings at such a young age.  He came home from church on Sunday and wanted to share a scripture with me.  He read to me the story of the Good Samaritan.  He talked about how sad it was that people just walked by.  Then I said, "We are having company over for dinner tomorrow, do you want to give this for a family home evening lesson?"  He said, "Sure."  Even though it was a new family in our ward and he didn't know any of them.  He then spent the day copying down the scripture on a piece of paper.  Then he found the picture of the good samaritan in the gospel art kit. He climbed up the counter and found a bandaid and  then he pestered me for a container that holds oil and wine to pour in his wounds.  The back of his lesson is the cutest.

He gave it like a pro. Asked questions.  Had volunteers hold up the "water bottle" (vile of wine) and the bandaid. He had someone else hold the picture.  I couldn't stop smiling.  What a great kid he is.  I know the Lord has amazing things in store for him.  I love Blake.

2 comments:

Brian and Jessica said...

Aww, I knew that little boy that didn't want to go on a mission would be awesome!! It's also good to hear (as a member of the primary presidency) that those little kids do listen to us! Ü Great Job Blake!!

Unknown said...

He's the best little kid ever. I love that boy. I love how much he just loved Abby- and not because anyone was watching or telling him how cute he was. He just sat and held her for as long as you would let him with this sweet little smile on his face. He's good to the marrow of his bones, that boy is.