Friday, November 12, 2010

Antibiotics and other little things I take for granted

I'm grateful today for antibiotics.  I'm so glad I live in a day where I can catch a sickness early, take a prescription and feel really good within 2 days.  What did the pioneers do when they had a UTI while crossing the plains?  Poor, poor ancestors.  I'm grateful that the Lord lets us live in so much luxury.  Even when I complained about being soo poor in school we were so rich compared to those early saints and what they had and what comforts they didn't enjoy.
I wasn't asked to grind up my china to put in the walls of the temple to make them shiny.  I wasn't asked to walk across the plains or give up all my possessions and family or burry kids along the way.  I'm asked to make some posters, get some speakers, arrange some music for a youth conference.  I'm asked to go to a lot of meetings:  meetings that are held in a climate controlled beautiful building where I am free to worship unafraid.   Really, I've got it easy.  I need to never forget that.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I totally thought about that....during stake conference..looking around at our beautiful air conditioned, lighted, building..How could people complain about cleaning this wonderful building? we are so blessed!! We have so much! Get better!!