Thursday, May 19, 2011

Here she goes....

 She is heading to High School.  I have a daughter old enough to go to High School.  When did Jeff and I get so old?  When did she?  She is such a neat girl.  She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the out.  She is kind to everyone.  She is such a great older sister and helps out so much around the house.  She loves the gospel and strives so hard to be a great example to others.  She is modest. She is virtuous.  She is ADORABLE.


And she is heading into the fire. Sometimes I look at the world and wonder how my kids are going to make it through unscathed. I hear scary stories about high school these days and I thought it was scary in my day.  "In my day?"  Am I 100?  Really, I think today aged me 20 years.  But I digress.  I hope that in four years I can say all the same things about her.

 I hope that, like me, she has a great friend who helps her through.  Me and Michele didn't care about being "popular" or hanging with the "right" people.  We just had fun together.  We laughed and laughed and laughed our way through high school and it was great.  I don't have horrible memories of that time of my life.  It was fun.  I had good friends and did good things.  I'm grateful that Courtney has so many good girls that surround her and will help her to keep her values high.  We made a great move 4 years ago into a ward that has so many girls her age.  I am grateful for her.  I love her very much.  I hope the next four years bring her so much happiness (and very little drama and very little heartache ).

2 comments:

Katie Price said...

your into the fire comment gave me chills. life is scary these days. she is absolutely beautiful. in every way. you've done a great job preparing her. i really can't believe how pretty she is. tell he we love her. very very much.

Tami G. said...

She is the most perfect girl. What could you possibly have to worry about? I'm glad she is taller than one person in that picture :)