Thursday, July 31, 2008

Time away

Jeff and I went to Sedona for two days and a night. What fun. I am so grateful for the time we take every now and again for us to be alone. We shopped a little, read, took naps, walked along the creek, went on a 3+ hour ATV ride, and ate and ate. Really, for dinner we had an appetizer that consisted of Rattlesnake, Buffalo, Qual-kabobs and deep fried prickly pear cactus. Jeff threw it up in the middle of the night, but my stomach enjoyed it.
We stayed at L'Auberge de Sedona in a little cottage that overlooked the river. It was beautiful. Jeff upgraded us to that cottage instead of the room in the lodge that we had originally planned. We really enjoy each other's company and laugh a lot when we get to spend some time alone. I am so grateful for those two days and my generous husband.

No comments: