Sunday, July 27, 2008

Righteous Husband

Today we went to Jeff's Aunt and Uncle Gilliland's homecoming. (it was great by the way) and after sacrament meeting Liz was being a real pill and Courtney hadn't been feeling too well and so I suggested just going home. Jeff said, "Why don't we stay." I protested and gave another reason we'd be better off just going home. He again quietly and rightly said, "Let's just try to stay." And so we did. Nothing spectacular. But as I was thinking of how I saw the hand of the Lord in my life today, that was it. I am grateful for a righteous husband who honors his priesthood and loves the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for his example. I am glad he loves the Lord more than sports or any other THING that might take him and our family away from where we should be every Sunday. He is a good man and I love him.

No comments: